Contents of the Entrance Exams
The exams consist of multiple choice tests in Biology, Chemistry and English, followed by an oral examination, which will focus on the applicant’s knowledge of Biology, Chemistry and English, and will be supplemented by a personal interview
that aims to examine the applicant’s professional attitude, too.
Guideline of Topics for the Entrance Exam Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Pharmacy 2018/2019 Academic Year
- Evolution: chemical and biological aspects
- Chemical background in Biology: Structure of atoms; Molecules – chemical bonds; Solutions; Chemical reactions; Inorganic constituents; Hydrocarbons; Organic compounds containing Oxygen or Sulphur; Organic compounds containing Nitrogen; Carbohydrates; Amino acids and Proteins; Lipids; Vitamins; Nucleic acids.
- The cell and its organization (morphology and function): Prokaryotes (viruses, bacteria) and Eukaryotes (focus on cilia and flagella, cell wall, cell membrane, endoplasmic reticulum, Golgi, lysosome, mitochondrion, ribosome, centriole, nucleus, nucleolus).
- From cells to tissues of different structure and function (plant and animal tissues as well).
- Cell division: mitosis and meiosis.
- Anabolic and catabolic pathways regarding nucleic acids, proteins, carbohydrates, lipids (photosynthesis, bioenergetics included).
- The physiology of living organisms: respiration, ingestion and digestion, excretion, circulation, endocrine and neural regulation, immune-biology, locomotion.
- Reproduction and development of animals.
- Genetics: Mendelian inheritance, human genetics.
- Basic ethology.
Note: Knowledge of English terminology is required in all of these questions!