If you are an international student who wants to apply for medical degree in European and American universities, please prepare to compete with less than 1% of the candidates from all over the world. Yes, you are not mistaken, 1% is almost the upper limit of international student enrollment quotas set by medical universities in developed countries such as the USA and the UK. For example, the proportion of international students admitted to the medical profession at Queen’s University in the UK is only 0.7% in 2018.
Do not yet to give up!
Now we will introduce you to the new destinations of medical study abroad –
According to the statistics of the Ministry of Education, the number of students studying abroad at their own expense exceeded 600,000 in 2017. What is striking is that the countries along the “Belt and Road” have become new growth trends, reaching 66,100, an increase of 15.7% over the previous year. In addition，Hungary and the Czech Republic have become new destinations for studying abroad!
The Pearl of the Danube: Hungary
When it comes to Hungary, what will come to your mind first? Oscar-winning Film “Budapest Hotel”?
Or the Austrian-Hungarian imperial princess?
But what you don’t know is:
• Hungary is one of the countries with the highest number of Nobel Prizes per capita. A total of 14 Nobel Prizes have been born in Hungary, 10 of which are related to biomedicine and chemistry.
• Hungary is the largest exporter of international medical students in Europe and America. It is also a well-known medical tourism attraction in Europe.
• Hungarian medical tuition fees is only one-third of the UK and the USA and its medical degree and medical qualifications are recognized by developed countries. It is known as the most cost-effective country of studying medicine abroad.
• Most international students have little chance of being admitted to medical universities in the UK and the USA because of quota restrictions and very high admission thresholds. Hungary does not have these restrictions.
• Full English class! The proportion of international medical students is as high as 30%, most of which come from developed countries in Europe and America.Beautiful Scenery of Hungary
Budapest Capital of HungaryThe main city of Budapest is divided into two areas, Buda and Pest, Buda on the southern bank of the Danube and Pace on the northern bank of the Danube.
Buda’s Castle Hill has many attractions, most of which are magnificent castles and palaces. The carvings are exquisite, and because of the high altitude of the attractions, you can see the beautiful scenery of Budapest.
Pace has a large number of museums and buildings, which is more modern. There is also a music academy and a opera hall. The interior is luxurious and the music atmosphere is strong. Art lovers should not miss it.
Capital of Literature and Art: Prague
When it comes to Prague, you might think of Milan Kundera, who was born in the Czech republic. His best-selling book “The Unbearable Lightness of Being” was written in Prague.
You may also think of a familar song “Prague Square”.
Beautiful Scenery of Prague
Prague Capital of CzechThe philosopher Nietzsche said: “When I want to express music in one word, I found Vienna; and when I want to express mystery in one word, I only think of Prague.” There are numerous historicals in Prague. Periods, various styles of architecture, castles and churches have their own characteristics.
Don’t miss the 2019 Central European Elite Medical College Summer Study Tour, which is specially prepared for you who want to go to Europe and the USA to study medicine.